Hi! i'm gorec2005 from Russia!

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

gorec2005
New user

Hi! i'm gorec2005 from Russia!

#1 Post by gorec2005 » 16 Oct 2015, 20:44

Hi!
I like you project -it's really impressive, but it's not have all what's i need: infrared/433mhz send via mqtt, and infrared/433/mhz receive, cron, alarm to mqtt, PID for self thermal regulator...
just for example:
i use IRremoteESP8266 from https://github.com/markszabo/IRremoteESP8266 it's work with esp like a charm...

Martinus

Re: Hi! i'm gorec2005 from Russia!

#2 Post by Martinus » 17 Oct 2015, 12:10

Welcome!

The ESP8266.nu initiative is all about usefull stuff for the ESP. But currently we have only one project (more developers, also for other projects are welcome!). Our first project is the ESP Easy and this is a wireless multisensor for Home Automation controllers.

So connecting an IR sensor to the ESP Easy makes sense. I've already made an ESP Easy plugin to receive the IR codes, so they can be send to a controller. Tested and verified to work with my samsung remote. The IR code is received by Domoticz. Only don't know what to do with it...

I think that the other things that you mention are nice, but do not suit the multisensor purpose or it will just be too complicated to integrate:

1) 433MHz
This is just a transmission frequency. A lot of things go on on this channel and it's not something like a single measured value or code
This asks for something completely different than the current sensor approach.
Likely needs a new project.
What home automotion controller are you using?
If Domoticz, have a look at the RFLink. This is a cheap DIY project to communicate with lot's of 433MHz devices

2) Cron
If you refer to cron jobs on linux platform, isn't this something a controller should do? A sensor should measure and deliver data.

3) Alarm
Could you elaborate more on this?
You can use the ESP Easy with PIR and RFID to send sensor states to your controller.
The controller should do the alarm part i guess.

4) PID
This also looks like a Home Automation controller job to me.
The ESP Easy sensor measures temperature, the controller decides what to do and controls an actuator that will turn on the heater...
The actuator could be a relay on ESP Easy.

Having autonomous controller stuff inside the ESP could be nice, although most people would like to have all control in a central place using one master controller device. And it likely needs a lot of program code and probably RAM. It will not likely fit the 512k modules and if RAM is a concern, Expressif needs to manufacture a new chip with a lot more RAM inside.