Logic Analyzer - looking for advice please

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

AndrewJ
Normal user

Logic Analyzer - looking for advice please

#1 Post by AndrewJ » 10 Apr 2017, 18:23

Hello all,
I'd like to get a fairly cheap logic analyzer to use with ESP projects. I've looked on Aliexpress (thanks to Stuntteam on another thread for the tip) and there seems to be basically two common types offered.

One is like "EZ-USB FX2LP CY7C68013A 51 Core Development Board EEPROM USB CY7C68013A-56 Chip Logic Analyzer 48Mhz With I2C SPI Port"
Another is like "1set New Arrival USB Logic Analyze 24M 8CH, MCU ARM FPGA DSP debug tool" (this one a little dearer).
Both types are available from multiple sellers, but appear to be the same thing in each case.

As I'm fairly new to these, I'm a bit out of my depth and would welcome some advice. Please can anyone advise ones which have worked well for them, or ones to avoid?

TIA.
AndrewJ

Justblair
Normal user

Re: Logic Analyzer - looking for advice please

#2 Post by Justblair » 11 Apr 2017, 15:21

The second will be a clone of the Saleae logic analyser. It will run with their excellent software no doubt. The former will require more work to get up and running.

Obviously you will have to think about how comfortable you would be taking advantage of Saleas hard work if you use the clone... I am sure that many will say that it is immoral to use a clone like this.