Plugins / Collections SUmmary

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

zaidpirwani
New user

Plugins / Collections SUmmary

#1 Post by zaidpirwani » 31 Dec 2023, 08:28

Hello, So I was lookign at which collection has which plugin, how many and what not and the current Docs page was not helping me much, so I created an online sheet which makes sense for me.

Original Link for Official List of Device Plugins
https://espeasy.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... al-plugins

Have a Look - Google Sheet, with Filters and such
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

TD-er
Core team member

Re: Plugins / Collections SUmmary

#2 Post by TD-er » 31 Dec 2023, 12:14

Wow that's a great overview.
Did you create this based on what was actually included in the builds, or solely based on the docs page?
The reason I'm asking is that for some builds in the define_plugin_sets.h file there are some checks to disable/enable some plugins as they are best to have in combinations.
For example there is no need to have the Domoticz helper when no Domoticz controller is included.
And the ESP32_Touch plugin is obviously only for ESP32.

I have been thinking of creating some CSV file like this spreadsheet you made to use it to generate build flags in the PlatformIO build process.
It makes maintaining it (hopefully) a bit simpler as it allows to visually set/unset some field and generate predictable build sets.

Anyway, great effort already!

zaidpirwani
New user

#3 Post by zaidpirwani » 31 Dec 2023, 19:04

TD-er wrote: 31 Dec 2023, 12:14 Wow that's a great overview.
Did you create this based on what was actually included in the builds, or solely based on the docs page?
The reason I'm asking is that for some builds in the define_plugin_sets.h file there are some checks to disable/enable some plugins as they are best to have in combinations.
For example there is no need to have the Domoticz helper when no Domoticz controller is included.
And the ESP32_Touch plugin is obviously only for ESP32.

I have been thinking of creating some CSV file like this spreadsheet you made to use it to generate build flags in the PlatformIO build process.
It makes maintaining it (hopefully) a bit simpler as it allows to visually set/unset some field and generate predictable build sets.

Anyway, great effort already!
THANKS for the comment.
I created from the Plugins Page, linked in my post - so far i have not dived into the code - definitely, it will be great resource if this can be dynamically linked with the code builds - but I think this is good for my needs atm.

TD-er
Core team member

#4 Post by TD-er » 31 Dec 2023, 20:16

Well I also would really love when such a table could be generated from a single source, preferrably the same source as used to build ESPEasy.

I will think about it how something like this can be generated/integrated into the docs page.