ESP12f factory reset ? (Rx/Tx disabled)

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Riewekooche
Normal user

ESP12f factory reset ? (Rx/Tx disabled)

#1 Post by Riewekooche » 12 Jun 2023, 16:15

Dear users

some weeks ago I developed a circuit with an Esp12f. (ESP_Easy_mega_20221209_collection_A_ESP8266_4M1M.bin)
The RX/TX pins were changed to gpio-pins !

Today i hat to change the password of my Wifi and so i had to change that at the ESP12f too.

First i tried to change the password per Wifi in the configuration section. Looked good (but wasn't).
Now I can't reach it anymore. Not even by the "fall-back" AP - I can't see it.

Then, with the ESP Easy Flasher, I put some firmware on the ESP12f. No errors.
But writing the "Unit" and "Wifi" facts via the serial line to the ESP doesn't work.

How can i reset the Wifi/Unit config of the Esp12f over the serial-line to the factory state?
Or is there an other way to do that?

I tried to connect RX and TX (by a hint in the web), without use.

Kind regards
Thomas

Ath
Normal user

Re: ESP12f factory reset ? (Rx/Tx disabled)

#2 Post by Ath » 12 Jun 2023, 16:27

You should be installing a newer build on that unit, there have been many improvements since that release.
What response do you get when typing the "WiFiSSID,<ssid_name>" and "WiFiKey,<wifipassword>" commands via serial to the unit? The expected response is that the ssid and password commands are echoed in the terminal after you press Enter.
If they are correct, then the next command should be "save", so it will actually be stored in the settings, and can survive a reboot.

Edit:
And you can install a recent version via the Web-flasher at https://td-er.nl/ESPEasy/latest that also provides with a very convenient terminal interface in your browser. You will need Chrome or Edge to get that Web-flasher working, btw.
/Ton (PayPal.me)

Riewekooche
Normal user

#3 Post by Riewekooche » 12 Jun 2023, 17:23

>If they are correct, then the next command should be "save", so it will actually be stored in the settings, and can survive a reboot.

I've entered the items and the echo was correct. Then "save" and booting the device -> no blinking of the blue LED, nor a connection to the SSID and not even an AP of the device...

(new Firmware was easy to burn with that online-tool)

??

Riewekooche
Normal user

#4 Post by Riewekooche » 12 Jun 2023, 18:38

At least i've solved the problem by connecting the RX and TX pins, power-up, waited for a minute, power-down, removing the jumper (RX-TX) and power-up. (all in running-mode)
Then i've got a link to the ESP12f in AP-mode and could configure the device.
:-)

I tried it before. Don't know why it doesn't work before.

Good evening.

Ath
Normal user

#5 Post by Ath » 12 Jun 2023, 19:20

Maybe the unit has been flashed with a different ESP software? These sometimes store WiFi credentials in a specific location of the flash, that is then picked up by the Arduino libraries used. Resetting to factory defaults seems to fix that.
Great you got it sorted!
/Ton (PayPal.me)

TD-er
Core team member

#6 Post by TD-er » 12 Jun 2023, 22:50

ESPEasy only checks for RX/TX short during the setup process, which is only executed at boot.