Notifications ?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

ciberyan
New user

Notifications ?

#1 Post by ciberyan » 21 Jan 2023, 09:18

Hello All
I am refreshing some old version of espeasy on some devices and I cant find anymore the Notifications menu, neither any posts on the forum related to it
Do I miss soething ?
Thanks for help

TD-er
Core team member

Re: Notifications ?

#2 Post by TD-er » 21 Jan 2023, 10:58

On builds which hardly fit in the limited space available on the flash, the notifications are disabled.
Typically those are "Collection" builds (formerly named "testing") and on "minimal" and builds for 1M flash.

N.B. on ESP32 there is slightly more room available, so have to check as the Notifications might possibly be included in "collection" builds on ESP32.
But if you ever consider buying new modules, I strongly suggest to go for modules with an ESP32 and 16M of flash.

ciberyan
New user

#3 Post by ciberyan » 21 Jan 2023, 11:02

Thanks TD-er for the clarifications
Anyway the old system was not supporting tls for email so quite useless by these days
I will transfer this job to my Domoticz
May be yo can also consider system like Pushover , may be simpler to implement but far away of my knoledge

Ath
Normal user

#4 Post by Ath » 21 Jan 2023, 11:55

I'll consider the challenge to add a PushSafer Notifier to ESPEasy (like I don't have enough on my TODO list yet :lol:), as that has an Arduino library and still supports the http protocol 8-)
/Ton (PayPal.me)