Support for RFlink on ESP8266?

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

hiihoo
New user

Support for RFlink on ESP8266?

#1 Post by hiihoo » 15 Mar 2022, 05:08

Hi (again, just back in -17 I wrote something about rules-engine.. :-))

And not so bad, my rflink via usb had been working with domotics ever since and before that.

Now, have been thinking to really solder things, get rid of jumpwires etc. Maybe even enclosure. :-)

And adding wifi. BUT?!

Why do we need mega and esp8266 as it seems now? There are unofficial ports and other firmwares for esp8266 to do rf & wifi, no need for mega.
Could try some of those, but because rflink had been robust, working (and secretly i suppose even developed even though latest official build is somewhere from -17??)

So, just question, will this happen, like in year or so, or should i just make my existing mega and add esp8266 to it?

And if such beta firmware exists, i'm willing to test, have some spare aureal transceivers on shelf to rapid prototyping (rapid... maybe not so rapid.. 5 years and jumpwires on current rflink ... :-))

But it works, and I've been told that if it works, don't touch it.

Anyway, great job so far, and thanks for all who had been doing it.

Jieffe
New user

Re: Support for RFlink on ESP8266?

#2 Post by Jieffe » 11 Aug 2022, 13:16

There is a port of RFLink for ESP8266 but it is based on the last available RFLink source, release 42 if I remember correctly, and so is outdated.

You can add an ESP8266 to you Mega but also choose an easier way by buying a combined Mega/ESP board.

I chose to do the latter with espRFLinkMQTT burned on the ESP. Works fine with the latest Domoticz.

Links :
Mega/ESP board : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3294976 ... 1802yGk5vt
espRFLinkMQTT : https://github.com/seb821/espRFLinkMQTT