One of two generic counters stops counting at "Pulse high"

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

mrdomek
New user

One of two generic counters stops counting at "Pulse high"

#1 Post by mrdomek » 28 Jan 2022, 10:59

Dear community,

unfortunately, my English is not the best, so I translate with Google, I hope you can understand this to some extent here. I apologize for spelling mistakes.

First of all, I would like to give a big shout out to the developers of this great software!

I've recently been using a Wemos D1 mini to log my gas meter to my ioBroker via ESPEasy and MQTT.
Counting the impulses works perfectly with the "pulse high" method over days without impulse losses. Unfortunately, when I use the "Edge Rise" method, there are incorrect counts, but according to the wiki, this mode is also intended for high-frequency signals, so everything is fine.

Now I have added a water meter to the setup. If I now create two counters with pulse high, the counters count as expected after a restart, but after a few seconds and after a few counts the first counter (first task) stops working and then stops at its last count.
If I leave one of the counters on Pulse high and set the other to Edge Rise, then the counters work as intended, but I then have incorrect counts again with the Edge Rise method on the counter.
A third counter with a fake input did not lead to any improvement either.
If both counters work individually (the other one is then deactivated), they reliably count the pulses in the pulse high method. So I rule out an electrical issue and suspect a software issue. Crosstalk of the signals should at least not cause a counter to stop working.

I've read about similar sounding problems here in the forum and on Github, but unfortunately I couldn't find a solution to this problem.
Does anyone here have an idea or a solution?
Thank you in advance for your help.
mrdomek

My Build: ESP_Easy_mega_20211224_normal_ESP8266_4M1M_VCC Dec 24 2021
device.JPG
device.JPG (267.7 KiB) Viewed 8390 times
water_counter.JPG
water_counter.JPG (259.14 KiB) Viewed 8390 times
gas_counter.JPG
gas_counter.JPG (249.63 KiB) Viewed 8390 times
mqtt_settings.png
mqtt_settings.png (437.6 KiB) Viewed 8390 times

Ath
Normal user

Re: One of two generic counters stops counting at "Pulse high"

#2 Post by Ath » 09 Dec 2022, 21:16

Have you updated ESPEasy on your ESP? as there have been a lot of improvements for the pulse counter since your post. Most likely, your issue has been resolved already.
/Ton (PayPal.me)