ESPEasy-NOW

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Mariete
Normal user

ESPEasy-NOW

#1 Post by Mariete » 03 Jun 2021, 16:28

Hello.

I searched here at the forum and at GitHub looking for the actual status of ESPEasy-NOW but can't find a clear answer (only some references on the change log about some fixes with the merge process).

I have some questions regarding the status and implementation for ESP-Now in ESP Easy.

Is ESPEasy-NOW usable now?
Is compatible with other ESP8266 and ESP32 devices using the standard Espressif's ESP-Now implementation (not using ESP Easy)?
Is posible to use ESPEasy-NOW at the same time as wifi (to choose to use one, the other or both)?
Is possible to turn it off (and on) for battery powered devices (I think with the actual wifi implementation is not possible to do it, something like modem sleep)?

Yes, I know there are many questions but I already have an CO2 monitor based on ESP Easy with some hundred users that already build it (link at my signature, sorry automatic translation to English, only) and I'm very close to launch a ultra low CO2 monitor using ESP-Now (no ESP Easy based) and would like to know because this can change my plans (it's here if you want to see it (with half way manual English translation): https://emariete.com/diseno-medidor-co2 ... o-consumo/, a DIY Ultra Low Power Consumption CO2 Monitor) .

Thank you very much.
Mario
DIY CO2 monitor with ESP Easy at https://emariete.com/medidor-casero-co2/
ESP Easy related info at my blog: https://emariete.com/tag/espeasy/

TD-er
Core team member

Re: ESPEasy-NOW

#2 Post by TD-er » 03 Jun 2021, 16:40

Nope not yet, but I guess it would make sense to split my (huge) project into something that's already mergeable as you "only" need the p2p layer.
I will try to have a look at it and hopefully this weekend I can give you an estimate on whether it is doable to split it.

I've been thinking about splitting it a few times before as I also made quite a lot of other practical changes which are also useful without ESPEasy-NOW.
Also keeping it in sync with the changes in the 'mega' branch does require quite a lot of time.

jangotango
New user

#3 Post by jangotango » 26 Jul 2021, 22:45

is it still under development ?
it would be awesome to have multiple esp devices talking to a central esp which acts as a gateway to wifi.
I read that with esp-now power consumption reduces drastically and with slight tinkering esp can last way longer on battery power.

TD-er
Core team member

#4 Post by TD-er » 27 Jul 2021, 11:24

Yes it is still under development.
It is indeed possible to send via ESPEasy-now faster than via WiFi.