JorickL presents: JorickL (uncensored version)

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

JorickL
New user

JorickL presents: JorickL (uncensored version)

#1 Post by JorickL » 14 Feb 2016, 22:39

Hi!

So, basicly a few months ago I saw a topic about home automation with Domoticz at a Dutch forum and it was pretty easy to setup a basic system with nothing more (or less) then a Raspberry Pi and a RFXCom. But everything comes with a price and my wallet told me this would be something to purchase in small steps. So I ordered a RasPi to get started with Linux and Domoticz and in the meantime I continued to read about home automation, Arduino and MCU's, Linux and all when I found out there was a relatively new device called the ESP8266. So, more to read about what it does, which kind of devices there are and so on!

At the moment I have a small project for a semi-virtual "hotel-switch" with a pushbutton connected to my NodeMCU, flashed with ESPEasy (R78), with a LED which represent a relay and two virtual switches in Domoticz. In a few weeks I'll get the keys for our new home and there this will be implemented in a wall-socket to switch the ceiling LED-spots in the kitchen. The functionality of an expensive Z-Wave switch, for a small amount of money and a lot of DIY fun!

For all who thought TL;DR: I hope to contribute with some nice photo's in a topic at this forum and to read a lot of interesting new idea's for this nifty little device in the future. (I still want to read my Dutch Smartmeter via the P1-port in the future, for example.)

Tuesday my RFLink Gateway will arrive and then that one will be soldered and connected to my RasPi as well.

Thanks for your time and reading this post!

Oh, PS: I'm from Holland (the Netherlands), I work as a train driver (/engineer) at the Dutch Railways (NS) and have very little knowledge of low current electronics so far. :-)

Cheers!
Jorick
- Raspberry Pi 2B, Arduino UNO (Clone), NodeMCU v1.0 (Clone), ESP8266-12E
- RFLink Gateway w/ Arduino Mega (Clone)
- Domoticz @ RasPi 2B

BertB
Normal user

Re: JorickL presents: JorickL (uncensored version)

#2 Post by BertB » 15 Mar 2016, 18:12

welcome Jorick.
Must be a boys dream come true, driving trains ;)