Hi from downunder

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

CoolWombat
Normal user

Hi from downunder

#1 Post by CoolWombat » 18 Nov 2015, 11:03

Hi all

I'm from Australia and I am new to ESPEasy. I've just started playing with OpenHAB running on a Raspberry Pi and have stumbled on this site after looking at new ways to use the esp8266. I have to say ESPEasy rocks! It has made implementing sensors etc so much easier.

My setup currently consists of OpenHAB running on a Raspberry Pi plus 4 esp8266 with DHT11 & one DHT22 and one esp8266 driving my garage door opener plus a reed switch as a sensor. If anyone is interested, I can post some of my learnings setting up esp8266 with ESPEasy connecting to the OpenHAB platform via MQTT. The esp8266 with DHT11 reports back temperature, humidity and also the status of the battery every 2.5 minutes and then goes back to sleep. I'm waiting for some MCP1700-3302E which hopefully will help with battery life as I'm only getting about 1 week of life out of my current setup even with the esp8266 going to sleep after sending the data. On my OpenHAB main screen, I have an summary of average temperature and humidity in my house from 3 sensors, outside temp/humidity and finally the status of my garage door. I have been know to drive off leaving my garage door open, hence being able to get the status and being able to close it remotely was my first priority in my new venture into home automation. With all the new additions to ESPEasy (I'm testing ver43 now), there are so much more I can now do, automating my watering system, lights, etc...... my only problem now is finding the time to play :D

Cheers!

BertB
Normal user

Re: Hi from downunder

#2 Post by BertB » 18 Nov 2015, 22:16

Hi there,
Welcome to the club