moving from domoticz to HA

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

BartSr
Normal user

moving from domoticz to HA

#1 Post by BartSr » 25 Apr 2024, 11:03

Hi.
I consider moving from Domoticz to Homeassistant.
Step by step....
Lots of temp measuring using ds18b20 sensors hooked via espeasy and mqtt in regular way.
Some other sensors with 'publish' commands.
Is it possible to forward data to both domoticz as well as homeassistant so to safely move to ha?

Ath
Normal user

Re: moving from domoticz to HA

#2 Post by Ath » 25 Apr 2024, 11:09

ESPEasy supports only 1 MQTT controller to be active at 1 time for sending out data (the first one is used).

Simplest alternative is to switch your sensors sending all data to Domoticz from rules, so the Domoticz controller can be disabled, then configure HA Controller configuration during the transition period, and eventually remove the rules that send updates to Domoticz.

(This Domoticz -> HA migration is something I also plan to do in the future, but haven't started yet :shock: :lol:)
/Ton (PayPal.me)

TD-er
Core team member

#3 Post by TD-er » 25 Apr 2024, 11:15

I have not done this myself, so not speaking from experience.

But since ESPEasy only can connect to a single MQTT broker, you need to let HA and Domoticz use the same MQTT broker.
You can try to create publish commands to emulate the Domoticz required formatting of the messages and then use rules to keep publishing the values to the Domoticz topic structure and at the same time use HA MQTT controller to send directly from a task.

BartSr
Normal user

#4 Post by BartSr » 27 Apr 2024, 21:06

thanks for your advices. problems I further expect is the number of tasmota's. have to overthink matters.