Switch linked to group/scene idx in Domoticz

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

MikeNg
New user

Switch linked to group/scene idx in Domoticz

#1 Post by MikeNg » 25 Jul 2016, 06:44

I am using some ESP8266s running ESP easy firmware (R108) and make some switch devices that link to my Domoticz vitual switches. It works flawlessly and I can control a Domoticz switch from a physical wall switch configured as a switch device in ESP easy. However, I found that the idx field in ESP easy switch device accepts only a domoticz switch idx value, not a group or scene idx value. So I cannot connect my switch device in ESP easy to control a group switch in Domoticz. Can I put this in the wish list? or anyone here can help? Thank you!

highroller
Normal user

Re: Switch linked to group/scene idx in Domoticz

#2 Post by highroller » 26 Jul 2016, 20:17

I am supporting this one.
The problem is that the switch needs to be defined as a scenecontroller to control scenes in domoticz.

MikeNg
New user

#3 Post by MikeNg » 08 Aug 2016, 10:40

Currently I have to use a lua script running on ESP8266 NodeMCU to link my physical switches to a group/scene IDX of Domoticz virtual switches. However I miss the web interface of ESP easy firmware. A Group/Scene Switch in Domoticz has some advantages:

1) can control 2 different types of device at the same time i.e. Can turn on/off a group of mixed light bulbs of Hue and Milight with 1 switch.
2) can turn on light bulbs with preset color and brightness (this feature does not work with a regular virtual switch even though it is available).

costo
Normal user

#4 Post by costo » 08 Aug 2016, 12:36

MikeNg wrote:Currently I have to use a lua script running on ESP8266 NodeMCU to link my physical switches to a group/scene IDX of Domoticz virtual switches. However I miss the web interface of ESP easy firmware. A Group/Scene Switch in Domoticz has some advantages:
Why don´t you run LUA scripts in Domoticz. Calling these LUA scripte with the switch controlled by ESPEasy.
In Domoticz you can add ¨On Action¨ and ¨Off Action¨ scripts to your switch. The scripts could be made to do the same thing as a Group/Scene.

MikeNg
New user

#5 Post by MikeNg » 09 Aug 2016, 12:44

Thanks for your suggestion. I haven't tried it yet since I'm quite new with Domoticz. Will spend sometime to learn more about lua script in Domoticz.