device interval timing?

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

uxhamby
Normal user

device interval timing?

#1 Post by uxhamby » 08 Mar 2024, 17:00

Hi,

If I want a device task to run, say every 900 seconds (15 mins) with readings occurring on the hour, the quarter hour, the half hour and the 3/4 hour, how do I achieve that ?

I have tried zeroing the value in the interval box on the device page but it reverts to 60 sec instead. I read at the readthedocs pages that zero should disable the device internal.

My plan was to use rules and rules timers to sync taskrun events to the 00, 15, 30 and 45 minute marks. This seemed like a work around.

How is it supposed to be done?

Thanks,

Brian H.

Ath
Normal user

Re: device interval timing?

#2 Post by Ath » 08 Mar 2024, 17:20

Some devices can be set to 0, and that will show on the configuration page, like the Switch Input device or the Dummy Device, if nothing is displayed next to the Interval (text: (Optional for this Device)) it defaults to 60 (or actually a somewhat disguised setting I don't have available, where I'm now :?).

To have it respond on every quarter hour, you can add code for the "on System#Time do" interval that is fired every minute, or implement the Cron plugin (available in all Collection builds and the Climate build).

Edit:
The default Interval setting is taken from the 'Sleep time' setting, on the Config page... :?
/Ton (PayPal.me)