general question

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

ManS-H
Normal user

general question

#1 Post by ManS-H » 02 Mar 2024, 15:05

Hello,
I have a general question. Thursday I got another package from my provider Ziggo, so different modem a Sagemcom F3896LG.
With my previous modem went the combination of 2.4 and 5.0 gb together with extender reasonably well
But this combination gives more problems with 2.4 gb units.
My question, what is the best solution multiple extenders or a 2.4gb Mesh system for the 2.4 units mainly EspEasy and Tasmota

Ath
Normal user

Re: general question

#2 Post by Ath » 02 Mar 2024, 16:54

You can try to enable the 'Force WiFi B/G' setting on the Tools/Advanced page, that usually fixes issue like these, as those WiFi protocols don't have support for the more modern options of 'go away to a different AP' disconnects, as supported by the WiFi N protocol.

If needed you can enable the AccessPoint (AP) mode, like when setting up for the first time, by sending the command "wifiapmode" via serial, so you can configure the device via its own webserver by connecting to the ESPEasy AP (might be a different name, depending on the build used). When opening the browser at 192.168.4.1 it should present you the regular ESPEasy Web UI.
/Ton (PayPal.me)

TD-er
Core team member

#3 Post by TD-er » 02 Mar 2024, 22:20

If possible to set in your modem, you can disable "band steering"
This will force a disconnect of any client on 2.4 GHz so they may reconnect via 5 GHz.

By if you set ESPEasy to "force 802.11b/g" on the Tools->Advanced page, you will probably already have fixed nearly all those issues (as long as the modem does allow b/g mode and is not forced to "n-only" for 2.4 GHz band.

prynhart
New user

#4 Post by prynhart » 05 Mar 2024, 22:11

ManS-H wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 15:05 Hello,
I have a general question. Thursday I got another package from my provider Ziggo, so different modem a Sagemcom F3896LG.
With my previous modem went the combination of 2.4 and 5.0 gb together with extender reasonably well
But this combination gives more problems with 2.4 gb units.
My question, what is the best solution multiple extenders or a 2.4gb Mesh system for the 2.4 units mainly EspEasy and Tasmota
Hi ManS-H. I am sorry to highjack a different thread, but I got your Private Message about old R147 firmware to help me with a Sonoff SV device, but I'm not able to reply to it. (When I try to reply I get:

Code: Select all

We are sorry, but you are not authorized to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.

My email is patrick@rynhart.co.nz if you wouldn't mind emailing me the ZIP. Thank you for the help.