Funkbus (send) in V1.50 not working correctly

Post here about devices that are not yet or not fully supported

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

jwiersma
New user

Funkbus (send) in V1.50 not working correctly

#1 Post by jwiersma » 09 Jan 2024, 17:22

For a long time I was looking forward to the Funkbus send support in RFLink. Years ago I invested in Jung Funkbus dimmers in my house with the idea to once add control from my LAN. A year ago I stumbled upon Home Assistant and RFlink and I was able to receive the Funkbus signals via RFLink, but not to control my lights from Home Assistant. I was happy to notice that V1.50 was released and that it contains Funkbus send capabilites. I updated to V1.50 and started to test the new Funkbus send functionality. But unfortunately I can't control my lights via RFLink, although the RFLink now indeed sends a signal.

I tested as follows:
- 2 working Jung remote controllers
- 2 rflink units (one to send and one to receive / debug) both using 433,42 Mhz

I noticed that the receiving rflink unit receives a different signal from the remote controls than from the sending rflink. With debugging disabled in the rflinkloader tool, 2 things are noticeable:
- When pressing a remote controller, the receiving rflink sees 2 different funkbus commands for each pressed button; when sending from the sending rflink unit, the receiving rflink only sees 1 funkbus command
- The debug value in the log of the receiving unit differs between remote control and sending rflink

I documented results in the attachment. I hope somebody can help. Let me know if I need to send more debug results.

Regards,
Jeroen
Attachments
20240109 Funkbus debug.zip
(13.87 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

bidrohini
Normal user

Re: Funkbus (send) in V1.50 not working correctly

#2 Post by bidrohini » 09 Jan 2024, 21:35

Simplify the setup by testing the Funkbus control with a single RFLink unit (either sending or receiving) to isolate potential issues.

Stuntteam
Site Beheer

Re: Funkbus (send) in V1.50 not working correctly

#3 Post by Stuntteam » 09 Jan 2024, 23:54

Thanks, I will take a look at this.
-=# RFLink Gateway Development Team #=-
Introduction: http://www.nemcon.nl/blog2/
Generic Support forum: http://www.esp8266.nu/forum/viewforum.php?f=8