Temperatura basso consumo

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

Alfredo
New user

Temperatura basso consumo

#1 Post by Alfredo » 04 Jan 2024, 11:07

hi, I need a low energy consumption temperature sensor to put in an environment and power it with a battery that can send data to the esp32 module and then transmit it to the server, how could I do it? esp32 lasts me a few hours on battery as I need constant reading for at least 12 hours.. thanks in advance and happy new year everyone
Last edited by Alfredo on 04 Jan 2024, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

TD-er
Core team member

Re: Temperatura basso consumo

#2 Post by TD-er » 04 Jan 2024, 11:49

Please post your questions in English.

Ath
Normal user

#3 Post by Ath » 05 Jan 2024, 10:30

Alfredo wrote: 04 Jan 2024, 11:07 hi, I need a low energy consumption temperature sensor to put in an environment and power it with a battery that can send data to the esp32 module and then transmit it to the server, how could I do it? esp32 lasts me a few hours on battery as I need constant reading for at least 12 hours.. thanks in advance and happy new year everyone
The best solution probably is to put the ESP to sleep during the waiting time between measurements, assuming you don't need the temperature every minute, but like half an hour or longer, the ESP would be quite energy efficient, as it should use only several micro-amperes. The usual culprits for using much energy during sleep are the 5V to 3.3V regulator and the serial chip on the board, so for a really power efficient solution you may need to build a custom design, that doesn't have those powered continuously (or even installed), like the regular development boards have.
/Ton (PayPal.me)

Alfredo
New user

#4 Post by Alfredo » 05 Jan 2024, 13:18

thanks for the answer.. I tried but the problem is that I have to continuously measure for this I had thought via radio, there are thousands of battery-operated Tuya systems I don't understand how they do it, they say it lasts for years..

Alfredo
New user

#5 Post by Alfredo » 05 Jan 2024, 13:33

and if the esp32 transmitter via bloetooth and bloetooth receiver to receive data and wifi to transmit would consume less?

TD-er
Core team member

#6 Post by TD-er » 05 Jan 2024, 13:51

Yep Bluetooth consumes a lot less than WiFi.
WiFi and battery powered is not a good combination.

No idea what those Tuya system use internally.
I know a lot of wireless thermometers only use a simple 433 or 868 MHz transmitter to briefly send a single data packet every N minutes.
That's completely different from how ESPEasy is used.

Ath
Normal user

#7 Post by Ath » 06 Jan 2024, 10:37

Alfredo wrote: 05 Jan 2024, 13:18 ... there are thousands of battery-operated Tuya systems I don't understand how they do it, they say it lasts for years..
The number of Tuya sensors is confusing, to say the least, using Zigbee, BLE, 868 MHz, 433 MHz and WiFi (did only a quick scan...), but don't expect all of those to 'last for years' on a single battery-charge though, their marketing dept. seems to have a huge say in these 'claims', so I don't trust them, unless I've been able to verify it for myself... (though I try to avoid Tuya driven devices :?)
/Ton (PayPal.me)

Alfredo
New user

#8 Post by Alfredo » 06 Jan 2024, 17:15

thanks, I meant an esp with bloetooth communication and a temperature probe, I should measure the cooling temperature of a product and a probe that acts as a receiver connected to the mains voltage that receives the packets from the bloetooth one and sends them via wifi