ATM90E26 and ATM90E3x Energy Monitor integration to ESPEasy

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

DitroniX
New user

ATM90E26 and ATM90E3x Energy Monitor integration to ESPEasy

#1 Post by DitroniX » 27 Jan 2023, 15:35

Hopefully this is the right place to ask...

Designed an Energy Monitor board/SDK, based on an ESP32 and ATM90E26. Whilst this works well with Arduino or VSCode/PIO, would be great to integrate with ESPEasy, in order to expand integration for ESPEasy users.

The question is, having trawled, cannot see anything jump out, so was wondering if anyone knows of a ESPEasy integration to this series of Energy Monitor devices? If not, will investigate custom ESPEasy ATM90Ex code.

Many thanks
Dave
Life is one long exciting learning curve, help others by setting the seed to knowledge.

Ath
Normal user

Re: ATM90E26 and ATM90E3x Energy Monitor integration to ESPEasy

#2 Post by Ath » 27 Jan 2023, 16:41

Hi Dave,

AFAICS, we don't have support for this chip series in ESPEasy. I see it supports both SPI and Serial connections, and both are supported by ESPEasy. As the ATM90E3x series only supports SPI, I suggest to use the 4-wire SPI interface also for the ATM90E26, as these interfaces (currently) can not easily combined/switched in a single plugin.

If you are able to create a plugin for that, you can create a pull request on the ESPEasy Github repository over here
There is a developers guide, intended for creating or modifying a plugin, (strongly) suggesting to use VSCode/PlatformIO (as that's what TD-er and other developers, including myself, use) so that should match nicely.

As you designed the board, I assume no extra safety warnings have to be given for when connecting a device using mains power to a computer? I just want to have mentioned this.

Edit:
NB: TD-er is the repo-owner of ESPEasy.
NB2: My Github handle is tonhuisman
:)
/Ton (PayPal.me)