PiDome

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

karman
New user

PiDome

#1 Post by karman » 26 Dec 2015, 17:16

Hi, Sorry if placed in wrong section.

I'm busy playing around with Easy ESP and loving the idea, also stumbled on pidome as a result .

I would like to extend / enhance the current pluging for pidome, but not sure what the best way of doing so is. Must I create a new pluging and driver on the EasyESP source code or do I go about changing the current ones and pushing it as new branch?

Thanks in advance

L:

Martinus

Re: PiDome

#2 Post by Martinus » 27 Dec 2015, 14:56

To be honest, the PiDome controller in ESP Easy has never been more than a small experiment to see if we get a connection with the build in MQTT broker of PiDome. MQTT hasn't got much development attention anyway and work is largely unfinished and minimally tested. You may well be the first actual user for using PiDome with ESP Easy.

But if you want to contribute to one of our projects, I suggest you to fork the code on github and try your own adapted versions. Just let us know about your results and we could try your forked version. When you have something of general interest for all users, maybe we can merge stuff back to it's master.

Martinus

karman
New user

Re: PiDome

#3 Post by karman » 27 Dec 2015, 16:29

Cool, thanks

I run MQTT for my whole home automation as I have to many different controllers/devices and mqtt is only real thing so everyone know exactly what is going on.

I will fork and get things going.. I already posted on PiDome side as well to see and will try get device driver written on both sides to make life simple :)