Hello from Holland - Ath

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

Ath
Normal user

Hello from Holland - Ath

#1 Post by Ath » 18 Apr 2020, 17:18

Hi,

Ath here,
Been a member for almost 2 years, it's about time I introduce myself :)

I've been doin' electronics stuff on and off for 40+ years, starting with my drive-in disco while still at (technical) school, when disco was still hip and happening :D , being a computer techie for most of that time too, to currently wiring up ESP's running ESPEasy, and connecting to a RPi running Domoticz.
Also been programming in many programming and scripting languages during that time (Bash, Basic, Batch, C, C#, C++, Clipper, Cobol, Delphi, Java, Python, to name a few in alphabetic order), and even did some small contributions to ESPEasy on Github (my handle there is tonhuisman), which is giving me both fun and satisfaction, so I'll try to continue with that.

Domoticz is mostly used for controlling the lights in parts of the house via zwave dimmers and switches, and gathering data from my PV installation (Zeverlution, data pulled using a bash script), and lately also the state of the front-door (open/closed) as I rewired the door contact and bell button to a Wemos D1, sending out that state to both Domoticz and a couple of Sonoff S20's, Wemos's and ESP01's with ESPEasy, so I can signal on several places in the house and garden that there is someone at, or entering, the front door. And of course some of these also send back temperature/humidity to Domoticz, or display the current state of PV data on OLED displays.
Currently awaiting the first ESP32's, as they offer a bit more CPU bang and GPIO's, allowing more stuff on a single controller.

My current occupation is application developer, in the healthcare market, working for a large international employer in NL.

It's fun to hang around here, so I'll be visiting more often,

/Ton
/Ton (PayPal.me)

TD-er
Core team member

Re: Hello from Holland - Ath

#2 Post by TD-er » 18 Apr 2020, 19:19

Welkom Ton!

Nice to have an "oudgediende" in the computer business.
So you appreciate the little resources we have in the ESP even more, as you have had experienced it yourself back in the '80s (and before apparently as Disco was more '70s)

Hope to see more PR's from you.