Blynk 2.0 Support

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

garudaone
New user

Blynk 2.0 Support

#1 Post by garudaone » 03 Sep 2021, 13:19

Hello,
How to make Espeasy working with new Blynk 2.0?

I compile with both C012 and C015 enabled but it can't connect to Blynk server. But it's not connected to the new blynk cloud.

Thanks;

Ath
Normal user

Re: Blynk 2.0 Support

#2 Post by Ath » 03 Sep 2021, 14:34

Good you also ask it here, this is better for discussions/thought paths. In Github issues it is more so it doesn't get 'lost' :)

If you have the capability to develop, then please extend the existing controller, or create a new one just for Blynk 2.0, and put it in for a PR.
If you can't, you could point at the changes/specs so someone else can (more easily) pick it up.

Please also specify the urgency, if any, will Blynk 1.x stop working on short term. f.e.?
/Ton (PayPal.me)

garudaone
New user

#3 Post by garudaone » 03 Sep 2021, 15:23

No, I can't update it myself. I think the main update is the Blynk library in the ESPEASY.
Urgency?
1. For new project, we have to use the new Blynk.
2. For existing ones, Blynk stop updating their Android/iOS App so iOS App will have problem soon as Apple will keep update its OS and make old app unusable and for Android, maybe it can survive longer.

Ath
Normal user

#4 Post by Ath » 03 Sep 2021, 22:06

garudaone wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 15:23 I think the main update is the Blynk library in the ESPEASY.
Well, it also requires some knowledge about the use of Blynk, and that's the part that's lacking here...

Don't misunderstand me, I could update the library (it seems there are quite a lot of improvements, still actively developed), but as there are some ESPEasy specific adaptions (as 'documented', but I'm not aware of the details) it would be a hit and miss attempt, and I'd like to avoid that disappointment.

Just hope someone else can pick this up.
/Ton (PayPal.me)