ESP Easy - Web Server for Reading Values

Moderators: grovkillen, Stuntteam, TD-er

laurgh
New user

ESP Easy - Web Server for Reading Values

#1 Post by laurgh » 01 Jun 2021, 12:34

Hello Everybody,

I am new here and I am new in the world of ESP Easy. I have a HAYWARD AQUARITE+ device which I just learned after some digging that is using ESP Easy as an operating system. The device is sending data to a web server and from there I can load the data on some app on the phone. I would like to better understand this OS so I would like to define my own web page reading those values and play with them. Can somebody recommend me some sample app which can help me build something like that?

Thanks in advance

TD-er
Core team member

Re: ESP Easy - Web Server for Reading Values

#2 Post by TD-er » 01 Jun 2021, 12:48

Oh, is a commercial device using ESPEasy?
Do you have more information on this?

Or do you mean it is running on an ESP and you try to install ESPEasy on it?
Does it respond on the URLs described here: https://espeasy.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... =json#json
??

laurgh
New user

#3 Post by laurgh » 01 Jun 2021, 13:02

Yes. It is a commercial device using ESPEasy.

This is the device from which I am trying to get the data: https://www.hayward-pool.com.au/assets/ ... manual.pdf
In order to connect this device to WiFi I have this dedicated module: https://www.hayward-pool.com.au/assets/ ... manual.pdf

This module is actually sending data to a dedicated web server which is then sending those data to the app installed on my phone or on my PC. The IP of the server I have manually introduced on the display of the Aquarite+ device. What I would like to do is to make something like my own server in my home network to read the data there.

No, is not answering on those URLs but I assume that this is happening because of the manually introduced web server. Probably that first I have to change that IP with my own computer's IP in order to be able to make those URLs work.

TD-er
Core team member

#4 Post by TD-er » 01 Jun 2021, 14:20

Hmm I don't see any reference to ESPEasy.
Do you have any idea what version might be running on it?

laurgh
New user

#5 Post by laurgh » 01 Jun 2021, 14:47

Here is how I actually found that is running ESPEasy. Here is a screenshot of nmap-ing the IP address of the unit.

Attachments
nmap.JPG
nmap.JPG (29.22 KiB) Viewed 11877 times

TD-er
Core team member

#6 Post by TD-er » 01 Jun 2021, 15:56

Hmm never knew nmap does have an entry labelled "ESPEasy OS".
Nice :)

But I guess it isn't proof it is running ESPEasy as it is probably detecting a specific signature of the Light Weight IP stack, which is used on any (??) ESP8266/Arduino based project.

I have to look into the nmap source code to see what tests it performs to come to the conclusion of "ESPEasy OS".
Maybe UDP port 8266 is open? That's an official IANA registered port.

laurgh
New user

#7 Post by laurgh » 01 Jun 2021, 16:27

8266 port seems to be closed.
Anyway, when I had to enter the IP of the server which reads the data from my device I've seen that there is a port 10000 specified in the menu.

TD-er
Core team member

#8 Post by TD-er » 01 Jun 2021, 16:45

Well I don't think it is using ESPEasy.
Can you get any page displayed in a browser?
If so, then you might want to have a look at the HTML source, to see if we can get some info out of it.
But I doubt it is using ESPEasy.

Only thing we can be sure of is that it is using a MAC address which is in the registered range of Espressif. (so it is likely running on an Espressif processor)
But since Espressif sold in the order of 100 million of those, I guess it is not yet proof it is running ESPEasy (which is probably not even running on 1% of that number)

laurgh
New user

#9 Post by laurgh » 01 Jun 2021, 17:58

This is actually what I am trying since morning :)
II am going through the code, I even downloaded the scripts with HTTrack, trying to understand how is it reading all the data from the module but it seems that I need to study more...

I thought that is an ESP Easy OS so I found this forum and I wanted to give it a try.

Thanks for your help!

laurgh
New user

#10 Post by laurgh » 01 Jun 2021, 18:05

I found this on Internet. A German guy made this script in order to read the data from the vendor web server but I wanted to avoid reading from their server.

https://community.symcon.de/t/vistapool ... -ips/44529
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/v ... ion/128695