Round up...

Moderators: rtenklooster, Voyager, BertB, Stuntteam

Forum rules
You have entered the experimental forum, beware!!!
Martinus

Round up...

#1 Post by Martinus » 16 Aug 2017, 19:53

Finally had some spare time to check-up on two older experiments. Both experiments have been updated on github but they will still be "experimental"

First one was the Arduino Mega with a Wiznet W5100 ethernet shield. The one that many of you might have running for Nodo or RFLink usage:
ArduinoMegaEthernet.jpg
ArduinoMegaEthernet.jpg (20.6 KiB) Viewed 14708 times
The Arduino Mega version seems stable, but only a few plugins have been added.
There has been some attention for this device lately, so we may see some real applications for this in the future...

Second one was the Arduino Nano with an ENC28J60 ethernet module:
NanoEthernet.jpg
NanoEthernet.jpg (22.87 KiB) Viewed 14708 times
The Arduino Nano version runs with some issues. The webgui struggles from time to time with good and bad moments...

Source and library has been updated on github. If you happen to have one of these laying around doing nothing, you might give it a try and see if your mileage varies from mine...
I'm trying to make this Nano unit into a nice small wired ethernet relay switch to control my wifi router, so i can still power cycle it when the wifi router is down.
Might skip to the Arduino Mega if needed but this Nano should just be powerful enough to cope with this simple task.

Also decided to push some small "Mini Dashboard" customizations to github so i won't have to redo them with every update.
This was actually the only private customization so now i'm actually running 'stock' firmware again. :D :D
The "Mini Dashboard" is just a simple way to quickly cycle through all your ESP Easy, Arduino Easy and Nano Easy nodes to check the sensor values or occasionally switch a light bulb on a Sonoff...

I also uploaded a custom web page so i can toggle a switch using the Mini Dashboard, looks like this:
MiniDash1.png
MiniDash1.png (5.89 KiB) Viewed 14708 times
This web page is served from the SPIFFS filesystem so it's not part of the firmware.

Working on a wiki also, some sample HTML pages that can be uploaded to ESP Easy:
https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... _Dashboard

This is a sample that's not in production but it illustrates the possibility to locally control the Level Control plugin:
MiniDash4.png
MiniDash4.png (4.45 KiB) Viewed 14708 times
Check the wiki for more info on this plugin that has been updated:
https://www.letscontrolit.com/wiki/inde ... velControl

These features will be part of the next dev edition but you can compile your own version using the latest github source if you can't wait.

Happy experimenting :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

grovkillen
Core team member

Re: Round up...

#2 Post by grovkillen » 16 Aug 2017, 20:17

Wow! Nice feature. But how does the "flip through the nodes" work? Will it fetch values through UDP or what?

*Just being curious*

:geek:
ESP Easy Flasher [flash tool and wifi setup at flash time]
ESP Easy Webdumper [easy screendumping of your units]
ESP Easy Netscan [find units]
Official shop: https://firstbyte.shop/
Sponsor ESP Easy, we need you :idea: :idea: :idea:

LisaM
Normal user

#3 Post by LisaM » 16 Aug 2017, 21:48

I have the Mega working, it's exactly what i was looking for. I also order the Nano, but it turned out to be the Nano 168 (me sucker!).
Ordered the 328 so i can experiment with it. The fixed ethernet part is making me curious, both for the mega and nano. I'll test the Nano and put the result in here.

frank
Normal user

#4 Post by frank » 17 Aug 2017, 11:51

The mega2560 is working fine in my system. So i hope that there will be ferther work done one it

luisfcosta
New user

#5 Post by luisfcosta » 05 Mar 2018, 06:39

Hey there

I happen to be looking for a compatible Espeasy for an Arduino/Mega with an ethernet shield and I came across this thread.
Would one of you gents be able to share where is this github repository for Espeasy for an ethernet shield?

We are looking to interconnect Arduinos and Raspberry Pi's and I personall believe wifi has still some issues in stability.

Thanks in advance!

Luis

doxikus
Normal user

#6 Post by doxikus » 08 Mar 2018, 21:31

Nice, now I can go crazy with some custom dashboard interfaces :-P